Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Can't Find Shit in Duane Reade





Today on my way home, I need to stop off at Duane Reade here in Journal Square. And so I did and as I wandered about, I was thinking how I can never find shit in Duane Reade or CVS for that matter.

Now, first of all, I have become increasingly blind in recent years and usually I'm not wearing my glasses so I don't look at the signs hanging up. And even if I am wearing glasses, I generally don't look anyway. I don't know why, maybe it's like asking for directions or something.

Anyway, I have a really hard time navigating these stores. It just seems that things are in no logical order. I mean, toothpaste, facewash, body soap. Things of washing of any kind should all be together. And deodorant should be nearby. But it seems like these aisles are randomly interspersed throughout the store in no seemingly logical order. It drives me crazy and it seems like the order is different in every store. I then become determined to find shit without "cheating" and looking at the signs. If it gets to be mad long, I'll read the signs but I try not to.

2 comments:

Open Bar said...

Who's the dumbass who deleted the banner picture? God, do you even know how to use the Internet, jeez...

ChuckJerry said...

I feel like there's some kind of logic to it, but not the logic that seems to make the most sense. It's not like you go from shampoo to groceries to pain meds to toys. The toiletry shit is all in the same general area, but in a strange order usually.

Also those people seem to think that make up goes with the toiletry shit but that pain and cold medication goes in a different part of the store.