Friday, January 4, 2008

And now, introducing the next President of the United States...


Barack Obama!

I must admit, I did not like the idea of turning this [insert superlative] blog into a political mouthpiece, but after the past two weeks or so, I feel no choice but to concede a point.

And that point is that due to the courageous endorsement by the editorial staff of Where's Luke?, the winner of the Iowa caucuses was none other than the man himself...Mr. Barack Hussein Obama.

I have to give credit where it's due, and that's to Side Bar, who put together that incredibly insightful -- and, little did he know, influential -- post. But more than that, because I'm sure Side Bar knows it, too, the true credit belongs to Chuck.

After all, it was Chuck who put in the snarky little comments. (You know, those ones in parentheses!).

LJT, you did a tremendous job as campaign manager as well. Don't think I'd forget you!

But ultimately, I think the real reward should go to me. After all, I put up that breathtaking comment, which everyone read and thought about for a few days after, right? The sheer breadth of wisdom espoused in my comment was so cathartic that it prevented me from even sleeping that night, so I'm sure that's what happened elsewhere as well.

Anyway, congrats Barack, congrats staff of Where's Luke? In particular, congrats to Side Bar, Chuck, and LJT.

But most particularly, congrats to me, Open fucking Bar. It's nice to know that, after seeing the results of the beautiful and perfect democracy that is the Iowa caucuses, perhaps, the country will finally right itself.

Soldier on.

[Editor's note: Yes, I, Open Bar am predicting right now, this January 4th of 2008, that Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States. This is independent of any co-writers of this blog. Unless, of course, they choose to agree with me. Then, in that case, I will give them credit for saying it. After I did first, though.]

1 comment:

The Notorious LJT said...

I agree, OB.

Obama over McCain in 2008.