Thursday, July 23, 2009

Goatboy on the Mets

Jim Breuer had this to say about being a Mets fan:

They suck. It’s like being in love with an alcoholic. It’s like, you constantly defend her, and people are like, ‘Dude, your alcoholic friend is a mess,’ and you’re like, ‘Nah, you don’t know her like I do.’


Oh, and consider this:

Since May 31, the Mets have posted a record of 16-29. In that same time period, the Washington Nationals have posted a record of 15-30. So at least we are slightly better than the worst team ever.

1 comment:

ChuckJerry said...

"So at least we are slightly better than the worst team ever."

There's that Side Bar hyperbole I love so much.

I think that's similar to LJT and my saying that being a Knicks fan is like being in an abusive relationship. Interestingly, I think we both came to the same analogy separately.

Like Liebnitz and Newton with calculus.