Thursday, August 27, 2009

People That Impress Me

I have gotten to many places that I'm interested in getting to by riding my bicycle. Especially in my younger days, but even today sometimes, my bike has gotten me where I want to go. I've also been known to tie on my rollerblades and hit the streets to get somewhere more quickly. I did the rollerblade thing more in college if I needed to get about 20 to 30 blocks for some reason.

I must say, though, I'm genuinely impressed by people who actually use skateboards to get around to places. If you ride a skateboard and do tricks and shit, then that's cool, and clearly fairly skillful, but more and more I've seen people riding around on skateboards actually getting somewhere. If you're gonna venture out on the streets with cars and people around, you've gotta have a fair amount of skill. It would also never even pop into my head that I could actually use a skateboard to get anywhere. So kudos you people. That's all I have to say.

1 comment:

Open Bar said...

And if it weren't for the relatively recent increase in skateboard popularity, the Internet would be a duller place. "Skateboard faceplant" gets you 1280 hits on YouTube.

God bless the girl in this classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHS0B-Vhs04