Monday, June 9, 2008

Cross Words About Crosswords

I've been known to hop on a bandwagon or twelve, so I figured I might as well do it again and I wrote my own crossword. Actually I would suggest that everyone do this. It is just ridiculously fun coming up with clues and answers.

First off, credit where credit is due:
Side Bar is the originator of the 199Teaneck Crossword. Incidentally, I got cockblocked on my answer key earlier, but here it is for y'all.

Walt Clyde responded in kind with his fabulous 199Teaneck #2. Answer keys and everything. He ain't being stingy with his stuff. I'm sad to say I only got 50-60% of it.

Joey Did It did it again with 199Teaneck #3. Again with answers and junk. Again, only 50-60%, but I loved all the "psycho" clues. Inspired.

So here it is. Incidentally, please comment because I'm a whore.


Perhaps you want to see the full size jpg.
You might want to download the pdf.
Maybe you want the solutions as a pdf.
Maybe you want to look at the page that made the puzzle for me.

2 comments:

Side Bar said...

I got about 50% on my first pass . . . this is tougher than most. I hope to get up to 75-80% after taking a little more time with it. There are a few in here that I cannot believe I remembered.

Anonymous said...

I'm slightly about 50%. The solutions won't work here at my job (Adobe is fucked up).

I particularly liked 11, 43, 50 and 52 down. It's too bad the rest of the crosswrd couldn't be in lowercase and 52 down in uppercase.