Sunday, April 1, 2007

Mets 6, Shitbirds 1

Ahhhhhh....

What a beautiful day. Baseball begins. For the next seven months, the air is cleaner, food tastes better, and beer is...even better.

For the record, I did not reach 15 beers tonight during the game. I got to 11, but I'm going to watch The Departed on On Demand, so I'll hit 17 or 18 by the end of the night. Fuck work tomorrow!

But let's all give some love to the New York Metropolitans, who laid the smack down on those candy-ass St. Louis Shitbirds, ruining their opening day celebration. (Mad props to the great yankee-hating site yankees2000.com. Read this site, it's tremendous.)

And I declare here: Jose Reyes will win the National League MVP award this season. I think we're looking at a .325 batting average, 24 homers, 90 RBIs, 72 stolen bases, and 135 runs scored.

Mets win.

No comments: