Thursday, April 5, 2007

Yes, Amy Winehouse is my new babe


Just read Chuck's post on Amy Winehouse, the new British chick who's something of a cross between Norah Jones, 2 Live Crew, Mickey Rourke, and (since she's a limey) Winston Churchill.


For the record, anyone on this earth who interrupts some pretentious speech by Bono by saying, "SHUT UP! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK" is someone I'd like to party with. Some other noteworthy lines on her new album (from a Blender article):

“They tried to make me go to rehab. I said, ‘No, no, no.’”

“He left no time to regret/Kept his dick wet.”

(Definitely my personal favorite) “What kind of fuckery is this?/You made me miss the Slick Rick gig.”


Then there's little stories like this (from Newsday):

On Amy Winehouse's left forearm, just below the massive shoulder tattoo of a topless woman labeled "Daddy's Girl," is a messy spider's web of long scratches, scrapes and gouges. The wounds are crusty with reddish-brown scabs, and some of them look quite deep. Winehouse says it happened a few days earlier but she can't remember how.

"I don't know," she muses, sitting in the offices of Universal records in Manhattan on a recent afternoon. "I got drunk and woke up and it was like that."


And take a look at the two broads above. How 'bout that Amy chick on the left?

No comments: